Canon U.S.A., Inc. – Latin America Group, a leader in digital imaging solutions, is pleased to announce the immediate release of the new imageFORMULA CR-120, CR-120UV, and CR-150 compact check transports. Enhance traditional check processing with the easy to operate Canon imageFORMULA CR-120/ 120UV/ 150 compact check transports. With high-speed, high-quality, precise processing capabilities plus reliable item handling, and other useful features, the CR-120/ 120UV/ 150 check transports can help promote adaptability and productivity for financial applications.
CR-120/ 120UV/ 150 Uses:
The CR-120/ 120UV/ 150 check transports assist in moving paper checks and related documents in front-counter teller settings, merchant/remote deposit capture (RDC) applications, and remittance processing, as well as higher-volume tasks such as back-office/branch capture, lockbox applications. It enables users—in environments such as banks, credit unions, and retail—to improve their point-of-presentment applications, by helping to automate funds deposits for quicker transaction times, decrease errors and fraud, improve customer service, and lower capital and processing costs.
CR-120/ 120UV/ 150 Highlighted Abilities and Advantages:
- Scans at up to 120 / 150 items per minute – both sides of an item in a single pass1, with a built-in 150 item auto feeder with a suggested daily volume of 12,000 scans2, for reliable item handling.
- Equipped with features such as Fine Text Filtering, and an Image Quality Assurance (IQA) function, for precise image capture.
- Small footprint, USB connectivity3, an Automatic Document Feeder, and a quick-open body cover make for easy installation, operation, and basic maintenance.
- Built-in five-line imprinter and “add on” feature for physical and virtual endorsement.
- Hardware-based Magnetic Ink Character Recognition (MICR) complemented by Optical Character Recognition (OCR) for the highest possible MICR decoding accuracy.
- Built-in card scanning module allows for the scanning of plastic and ID cards as well as Magnetic Swipe Reader4 for the reading of the information on bank cards and driver’s license with magnetic stripe for expanded flexibility. Available for MSR models only.
- Meets ENERGY STAR® guidelines for energy efficiency, and complies with the EU RoHS and WEEE directives, and with the ErP Lot 6 directive for energy consumption, and EPEAT Silver Certified, for an environmentally conscious choice5.
- UV Scanning for Fraud Protection6 with the CR-120UV, which is equipped with UV sensors, and is able to scan anti-fraud patterns printed on checks with UV ink.
For additional information on the new imageFORMULA CR-120, CR-120UV, and CR-150 compact check transports, visit the Canon, U.S.A. – Latin America Group website: www.cla.canon.com.
Specifications subject to change without notice.
All other referenced product names and marks are trademarks of their respective owners and are hereby acknowledged.
1. Examples based on typical settings, rated in checks per minute with 6” long U.S. personal checks at 200 dpi in black and white or grayscale.
2. Calculations based on scanning speed and assumed daily time of use.
3. Additional USB ports only available on the CR-150 check transport.
4. Magnetic Swipe Reader is only available for check transport model CR-120MSR and CR-150MSR.
5. The facts and product statistics about compliance to EU RoHS and WEEE directives were obtained from Canon Electronics Inc. as of 2017.
6. UV Scanning is only available on the CR-120UV check transport model.